Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Our beautiful baby girl



Keira Christina was born on 11/16, early in the morning. I started having contractions on 11/14 at 10pm. I began having steady contractions for 45 minutes, that were 6 mins apart at around 10am. Unfortunately as I got ready to leave (took a nice, warm shower), the contractions became inconsistent. They HURT so bad, but I couldn't go into the hospital. I just stayed in bed and tried to just tough it out. At 6pm on tuesday evening, I had enough! I begged the hubby to take us to the mall so I could walk. They say walking makes the contractions more steady. Well, after an hour of walking, my contractions turned to being 4 mins apart!

We high-tailed it to Washington Hospital. It was a very busy night over there as they almost didn't admit me right away. It was only when the head nurse passed me by and noticed that I was leaning over in pain that they decided to give me a room...a room that they prepared for another lady that was also being admitted. I am so glad they gave it to me first because unknowingly I was already 5cm dialated. The nurses asked me why I waited so long to go to the hospital. HUH? Anyways, by 10:00pm my contractions were getting worse so I decided to get the epideral. Whew! Good decision because it felt SO good. The only problem was that I was really thirsty...and they told me that I couldn't eat or drink. I begged the hubby to get me a sprite but he kind of laughed and said that they wouldn't let me drink that. Well, after some persistence on my part, he went to the nurses station and came back with a 7-up! Woo-hoo! I loved it! At 3am, I was 10 cm dialated and it waas time to push. They turned off my epideral. But the doc got called in for an emergency c-section so by the time I did end up pushing, which was at 4:48am, the epideral had completely worn off.

The pushing part was the worst! I had NO energy or strength left in me. I was practically awake and in pain for about 24 hours. After only 2 pushes, I didn't think I would make it. I was so hot. I was sweating and tired, but I kept going. After 50 minutes, Keira made her grand appearance. Her arm came out the same time as her head so she tore me up down there. I had 3rd degree tears and am still recovering from all the stitches, but am so happy to finally meet my little girl. She is so precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home