Tuesday, October 24, 2006

almost 1

I just took Kiki to the doctor today for her regular wellness check. The doctor was concerned that she wasn't eating well and wanted to see her another time before her 1-year visit. Keira has been eating herself silly for the past couple of months, but it wasn't always that way. For the first few weeks of eating solids, she wouldn't even open her mouth. I always had to trick her by pretending to give her a pacifier in one hand, and stuff a mouthful of food in a spoon with the other. Now, I can't get her to stop eating.

She topped out at 17 lbs. and 27 inches long. I couldn't remember her head circumference, but I do remember remarking how big Mendoza heads' are. For her birthday, we're going to have immediate family and ninongs/ninangs come to chuck e. cheese. I don't like making a spectacle out of a 1st birthday, and we're going sort of all out for Mya's bday the month afterward. I think a 2nd birthday is when a kid starts to value having a birthday anyways.

That countrywide home loan guy is on TV again. Each time he comes on, Keira stops what she's doing, gazes at the guy, and just laughs and smiles. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home