Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Keira's 2nd week of school

Keira had a tough drop-off at school today. She did fine yesterday as her report card said her mood was quiet and happy. She ate some of her food and enjoyed playing with her toys and participating in the activities. When I picked them up from school, Keira was happy playing with another toddler in the circle room. I was there for a good 5 minutes talking to the teacher and she didn't even notice me. When she did, she lit up and walked over and hugged me.

Yes, I sense she had some apprehension at school yesterday as last night she woke up in the middle of the night and was crying. She wanted me to sleep with her which is weird since for the past three weeks she has been loving her new room with Mya. I think she wants me to stay at school with her and knew that she was going in the morning.

This morning Eliza played with her in the circle room and a bunch of kids went over to her and wanted to play with her. She did not want to interact with anyone except me. A lot of the kids would say, "she's so cute", but Keira would look at them and say "NO!". The teacher told me to just leave, but it broke my heart and it was so painful for me to hear her cry as I left the building. I am having separation anxiety just as much as she is. It has been very difficult to think about anything else right now.

I called the school about 30 mins after I left and they told me that after about 10 mins. of crying, she was listening to an audio book and laughing in the library. That made me feel a lot better. I need to suck it up and be firm when I leave her at school. A hug and a kiss goodbye and that's it. Otherwise, I just send the wrong message to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home