Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Keira is now in LF Preschool Kindergarden

Keira has grown up so much in the past two years. She lost a lot of her baby fat, but is still my baby! Okay, okay...so she's not a baby anymore. She's quite the talkative, funny and beautiful little girl. She is my princess and is still so lovable. I would say she is the most lovable little girl I know. Mya is lovable too...don't get me wrong. Keira has so much personality. Every time I pick her up from school, she runs over to me and Chace and hugs and kisses us. She tells me that she loves and misses us all the time and I tell her that we miss her! I really wish she could be with us every day.

Keira has become much more mature in the past year. We are slowly seeing the "crying" disappearing. Oh, what a relief! Mya and Keira are very competitive as sister's sometimes are. So Keira would sometimes get upset when Mya would be the first to do something. Keira always wants to be first, but she is learning that you have to take turns and share. She did a great job this past week as Rick and I set up a new system for who gets to do something first. They seem to be adjusting to it and it has been pretty peaceful since!

She lost a lot of her shyness, but is still quiet at school. I was a bit worried that since Mya was moving on to D.E. that she would regress...but she proved me wrong! I think she likes going to school and I am glad we invested in her education as early as we did. She is learning a lot and I think that Keira is a fast learner. Her teacher's tell me that they only have to show her something once and she picks up the lesson pretty fast.

At home I have been doing phonics with her and she is doing a great job with all the lessons. She is able to read short stories on her own! =) When she gets frustrated she stops, but she never wants to quit. She wants to keep going until she reaches the goal. She sometimes wants to go to the next lesson to fast. Keira is definitely not a quitter and I really like that quality in her.

We went to see a pulmonologist/allergist a few weeks ago because Keira was breathing funny. We found out she's allergic to a bunch of things...cats, dustmites, nuts, trees, grass among other things. She's on singular and allegra right now until the allergy season ends.

Keira has been doing well in ballet/tap as well. She has been doing it for over a year now and I was proud of her in the recital this past june. She really showed us that she can do anything as long as she tries. She looked absolutely beautiful in her costumes. When I watched her dance with Rick I almost cried. It was so touching. My little girl is growing up so fast and I feel so blessed that I have her. Thank you God for my miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home